1) Website – the website Latvia.eu.
2) Toolbox – www.latvia.eu/toolbox, the multi-media material database of the Website, that includes photos, video, presentations, infographics.
3) Content Provider – Investment and Development Agency of Latvia, which is a direct administration institution subordinated to the Minister of Economics of the Republic of Latvia. The Content Provider provides guidelines for and is responsible for introducing Latvia via the Website.
4) Communication Materials – all information provided in the Toolbox.
5) Content – all information and communication materials that are provided in the Website, including texts, photos, videos, etc. (except the Toolbox).
6) User – person or organization that uses the Website.
2. About the Website
The Website aims to provide an outlook to Latvia, with a focus on economy, business and innovation through the conceptual framework/strategic direction “Latvia: A Country on a Mission”.
The Website is a nonprofit website that is produced, developed, maintained and operated by the Content Provider.
4. Copyright and the use of the Website
Unless otherwise stated, all of the Content of the Website is owned by or licensed to the Content Provider. The Content Provider, or any other named information provider, own the copyright to all of the Content published on the Website.
The Website and its entire Content, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are protected by Latvian and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade name and/or other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You are permitted to use the Content for your personal, non-commercial use only.
You are not allowed to:
1) copy and download the photos and photo galleries of the Website;
2) modify copies of any materials from this Website;
3) create derivative works of the Content;
4) use any texts and quotations without providing the source – the Website;
5) delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this Website;
6) reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes any part of the Website, access to the Website or use of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
The content may only be modified according to the rules of the brand design guidelines.
5. Copyright and the use of Toolbox
The purpose of the Toolbox is to provide general public with ready-made Communication Materials about Latvia.
All Communication Materials can be used freely [LT2] (copied, publicly displayed, publicly performed, republished, downloaded, stored or transmitted and linked to), in the proper context, such as when presenting or representing Latvia, provided that reference is made to the original source. However, Communication Materials may not be used for any commercial purpose.
The photographer and the holder of the right of use must be acknowledged when using images or other material.
Derivative works and uses of the Communication Materials are not allowed, except for presentations[LT3] and while retaining original purpose.
7. Legal notice
1) The Content Provider is responsible for the Website.
2) Every effort is made to keep information on the Website up-to-date and accurate.
3) The Content Provider is not responsible for any losses or damage suffered by users due to possible errors on the Website. Nor does the Content Provider assume any liability for any harm caused by technical problems or any material published and linked to the Website by third parties.
4) No material on the Website may be deemed an offer, request or commitment binding the Content Provider.
9) The legal relationships arising from the use of the Website are governed by the laws of the Republic of Latvia irrespective of the user’s country of residence or location.
10) All disputes are settled by way of negotiations. Upon failure to reach an agreement, disputes shall be settled in court in accordance with the Latvian law.
8. Personal data management
1) Under the Personal Data Processing Law, the Content Provider is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of visitors to the Website. We do not collect data that would enable the identification of individual visitors.
2) Information is only collected on how users access and use the Website. This information is then used for developing the Website’s services. The data include: Pages viewed, Time, IP address, Web browser and operating system.
The Website assumes no liability or guarantee for the topicality, and completeness of the information and data presented.
Although every care is taken to provide links to suitable material from the Website, the nature of the internet prevents us from guaranteeing the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that the Website may be linked to. Content Provider does not take responsibility for mistakes or omissions in the web material carried under the Website, whatever the reason for them. In addition, Website is not liable for direct or indirect damages, including lost profits that could be incurred as a result of the use of the information or data found on the Website. The use of this information does not entail any rights or obligations between the Website and the user of the Website or third parties.
This also applies to all the other websites cited either directly or indirectly that are referred to in a link. The Website is in no way responsible for the contents of the websites accessed by these links or for the way in which they maintain data protection.
The Content provider reserves the right to alter or remove any information published on the Website at any time without prior notification.
10. Your comments and concerns
All your feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be submitted via _________@____________.